Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

Content:

(1) What is your essential question and answers?  What is your best answer and why?

My Essential question is "what is the most effective way a 3rd grade teacher can help lower performing students on their districts tests." My answers are:
  1. A 3rd grade teacher can help a lower performing student succeed is by using different methods of remembering so  that the information being taught in class can be recalled easier.
  2. A 3rd grade teacher can help a student succeed by making lesson that play to the students strength.   My best answer is "Helping students relax before a test by providing a class environment that is calming." This is my best answer because I have taken the most time to research and explore. Also from this answer I found my other answers.
(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

I got this answer actually not from my research I got it from my mentor Mrs. Smith a 3rd grade teacher. She had once told me that she wished her students would relax and not worry about the test, so I decided to research why and how to reduce pre-test stress and anxiety.

(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
The biggest problem so far would be my blog and competeing blog assignments. I guess I haven't really resolved it but I am working on it.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?

My two most significant sources would be 1. A book written by a professor at San Diego State called "Addressing Test Anxiety" 2. "Statistics in Brief"  both books have helped my on different parts of my answer. 1. helped by showing symptoms and signs of anxiety in children and 2. helped by giving me stats and facts about students with test anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment